Thursday 31 December 2009

The Continuing Saga of Roger

Glad I checked Roger last night. His battery was flat and, when the AA man turned up, we found the battery was completely drained. Bit worrying since, as far as we could tell, nothing had been left on and he'd only been stood a week. Anyway, jump started him and then took for a long drive (in the snow!) to get his battery sorted again. Am going to go and check he still starts in a short while caus,e if he doesn't, I'll have to give Buittle a ring and tell them I can't make it which would be a big shame.

Anyhow, this took up a lot more of my evening then I expected so I was still waiting for clothing to dry last night so I still have to pack. Also suddenly remembered that the beef I had in the fridge (should have been Christmas dinner but went for soup and hot rolls (slighlty singed) instead) would pass it's sell by date while I was away. This resulted in me cooking a Roast dinner at about 1am. Would have been slightly sooner but I discovered (after the joint had been in the oven for half an hour) that, instead of setting the oven temperature for 200C, I had accidently set it for 20C. I thought it had reached temperature quickly. Ah well, sorted myself out and it turned out to be a very nice dinner.

Am now sitting debating what route to take to Buittle. Apparently neither the M8 nor the Biggar Road are fantastic but I know the Biggar Road better. Have put emergency shovel and sacking in Roger's boot and will be carrying emergency kit just in case

No comments:

Post a Comment