Thursday 18 March 2010

Melodeon Love

Love the melodeon! Love the melodeon lots!!! Could actually get a reasonably recognisable tune out of it first go (am still working on that with the fiddle!) Not that I'm stopping with the fiddle by any means. I like playing it and I realise it's an instrument that takes far longer to get to basic level and I'm fine with that, it's just nice to have something that I can possibly get to playable level faster in the meantime. (And it is as fun to play as it looks!).

Speaking of which, fiddle class tonight. Have been praticing lots but not entirely sure it's improving. Will see how it goes.

Was looking at the Folkworks site last night. I quite fancy the week long summer course that they do. Haven't time to do it this year but I may start putting money away for next year (which also gives me time to decide whether I'd want to do dance or fiddle, assuming I'm a little bit more up to speed with the fiddle by then. Fingers crossed!)

Aim to try and clear the bed tonight. I've got a wedding to go to in Stirling on Saturday and I'm considering going along to Dot's gig on the Sunday which sort of limits tidying time at the weekend. I've got a notion that if, I get the bed clear, I'll find the rest much easier since I won't actually be living in the sitting room. Or I might just play with the meodeon and try and learn the morris tunes for Freaks in the Peaks!

No comments:

Post a Comment