Tuesday 23 March 2010

Festival Plans

Rapper was fun but exhausting (it always is when there's not many dancers). Our musician has just proved himself a true folk dancing musician due to managing to fall in his garden, break 3 ribs, puncture a lung, drive himself to hospital and he was still playing for our practice last night. The words 'impressive' and 'nuts' come to mind.

We seem to have a fair bit of stuff coming up. Provisionally, we seem to be dancing in Falkirk for St Georges Day, Anstruther for the Lifeboat gala day, a latino scottish ceilidh in Edinburgh and, of course there's the workshop/St Andrews tour this coming Saturday leading to DERT itself. Lots of rapper can not be a bad thing.

Have decided that I am definitely going to head down for the Holmfirth Folk Festival so need to send off my camping application. Ian has very nicely put me in touch with the organisers to book Belshazzer's Feast tickets and I'm swithering between the ceilidh and Rachel McShane on Saturday night. I think I can probably do both and so will probably book to see Rachel McShane at the picturedrome.

Oxford is looming large on the horizon and the only reason I'm not all over the place bouncing about is that DERT is first and I'm too busy bouncing about that. At some point I should get my tent out and see how it is. Hasn't been used since Whitby but it did get put away dry so fingers crossed.
Still waiting to find out whether I can steward at Whitby. They said to get back in touch if I hadn't heard anything by a couple of weeks and it has now been a couple of weeks so I should probably e-mail them

No comments:

Post a Comment