Monday 29 November 2010

Snow and CD Players.

Attempted to hoover up the psychotic spider on Friday evening with the little hoover. Pointed it at the spider (who continued to sit there in a nonchalant manner), turned it on and the whole thing just went 'clunk'! Spider then took a leisurely walk up the wall to the ceiling to be smug while I had a little swearing episode. Have now decided to adopt him as a pet since he seems to be remarkably resistant to, well, pretty much everything. I shall name hime Boris for that is what I call all spiders.
To balance up the defunct hoover, my 5 disc CD player started working again after 2 year on Saturday. (It died a sad death when I accidently watered a plant over it...). Suddenly remembered where I might have left a CD I've been hunting for for a while and tried turning it on to look in the trays and the thing just worked! What's more it worked perfectly, even with the remote. Alright, it has a minor quirk in that, if you don't unplug it but just click the standby button on the machine (or the remote, they both work, she said smugly), it turns itself back on after 5 minutes but I can live with that. Spent the weekend listening to Kerfuffle's 'Lighten the Dark' , Waterson Carthy's 'Holy Heathens and the Old Green Man' and Belshazzar's Feast's 'Frost Bites' cause the inches thick snow outside the window was making me feel wintery for some reason.
Didn't get anything else done this weekend other than make a nest on the settee out of my currently unfurled tent (which is what's causing a lot of the problem at the moment since I haven't got room to do anything with the tent unfurled but I can't roll up the tent because I don't have room. Bit of a catch 22 situation there.) and the spare duvet and read the Robert Carey books again.

Getting a little worried about this snow now. Never mind our 2 rapper events for this week (we've enough problems trying to field a side due to injuries, never mind thinking about how to get across to Selkirk if this doesn't clear) but I want to see Belshazzar's Feast's Christmas tour and never mind me managing to make it across to Cumbria, they might not make it across to Cumbria (although, weirdly, they stand a better chance of managing it than I do). On the plus side, since I may be down south the following weekend so I may be able to go the Nettlebed gig (crosses fingers that the snow will clear before then!) will have to play it by ear.

Having a fun day at work watching folks trying to drive in the car park in the snow. Lots of people revving their engines and just skidding all the more and it's scary the amout of people clearing snow from around their back tyres when it's very obviously a frontwheel drive car...not to mention the overuse of brakes.
Am missing Roger (not that he was a 4 wheel drive but he was heavy enough that the snow saw him coming and just gave up the ghost there and then.). Really think the driving test should include something about driving in snow. (and people really have no excuse for not being able to drive in snow after last year!)

We also appear to have a small person in the office. Hope that this is not a situation that lasts!

No comments:

Post a Comment