Friday 5 November 2010

Too Excited to Breathe

Well, have booked my ticket for Bellowhead's New Year's Gig at the Southbank Centre. I'm staying at a hostel with 6 friends from the forum and I've sorted out my travel (Megabus, unfortunately. Still, return from Edinburgh to London for under £12...but, still, megabus) so all I have to do now is sort out a costume. The theme is circus and cabaret and while there is a lot of discussion going on about corsetry, I don't fancy spending the whole night in tights, feathers and/or sequins so I am considering being a performing dog. I have an elizabethan ruff but I can probably make a sparklier net one with marching wrist ruffs and I can easily make a little clown hat and I have dark trousers and top. I can make a tail and either create some floppy ears or just not get my hair cut and tie it in high bunches. Add some black face paint to give me a doggy nose and possibly eye patches (although that could end up with me as a performing panda!) and that could be me. This would also pack down really well and not to chilly for hanging around outside in London at night. Yep, that idea is growing on me. (After all, I am the girl who turned up to a reenactors' pirate party, where all the other lasses were in corsets and high heeled boots, as a parrot. I have a reputation to maintain! I think the most worrying thing about that night was that I was wearing a red wig, red face paint and a big beak and everyone still instantly knew who I was...)

Need to do some more melodeon practice for Witney tonight and have another go at tidying the burrow (nothing changes!). Might try and get to see Burke and Hare at the cinema this weekend or I might go and see Red again (very silly but enjoyable film. The only film, in fact, where I've ever liked John Malkovitch) and, at some point, I should really work out how the gears on my bicycle work. Last time I cycled regularly, bicycles had 3 gears and I wasn't particularly good at using those. Now there seem to be hundreds of the buggers and, while I understand the theory of using gears while cycling perfectly well, I haven't yet worked out how to make the bloody things work on the actual bike! At least I'm avoiding the whole ninja cyclist business so prevelant in Edinburgh. I have enough lights and reflective clothing on when I'm cycling that I'm probably visible from space. I probably leave swathes of blinded drivers in crashed cars behind me as I go (on my very, very slow way)

No comments:

Post a Comment