Monday 11 January 2010

Mons Meg Soiree

Had fun at Vicki's on Friday. We watched 'The Librarian; Quest for the Spear' which was hilariously bad. Apparently there are 2 sequels. Must look our for these.

Saturday was the Mons Meg ceilidh thing which has become known as 'The Soiree'. Was a little late meeting up with folks at Nobles (a pub which might have been built for rapper) for tea because I had to wait for the telephone repairman. On the other hand, I now have a working phone for the first time in months, which is nice. Now I just have to work on the Tv and the heating... Anyhow, had a nice tea (and got given a soft toy duck billed platypus by Trina. I have named him Bruce) and then decamped to The Village Inn. Absolutely fantastic evening.

We got things off to a cracking start with one of out better perfomances of our Number 1 dance (Our Winlaton, later on, went well except for the stepping. May need to work on that!), this was followed by story-telling from Kev with bemused accompaniament on the pipes from Andy, some Jake Thackery songs from Ian and random silly songs from various others (special mention goes to John and his kazoo and Stretch's Edinburgh version of 'Gorgie on My Mind'). We had some ceilidh dancing and Hazel had her first dance out in public which went really well. I believe there are (or soon will be photos up on the Mons Meg website http://www.monsmeg.com/Gallery.html )
After this we retreated to Trina's and continued with the silly songs and some more music. It might have been a mistake letting Trina make me cocktails. Apparently Vimto and Slivovitz (or however that is spelled. I don't even know what it is!) were involved. At any rate I was very giggly and chattery and at some point found a medical text book which I was apparently very happy about. Ended up spending the night and felt fine in the morning but I didn't think it was a good idea to try driving to Cupar so rang up and made my excuses and missed the COSM meeting. However, volunteered to make bread over the phone (well, in the kitchen. I know what I mean)
Slept for a little while when I got home and the went to see Sherlock Holmes again. Vicki has told me that there is a shot where the bridge is intact and I have become obsessed with finding it but I keep getting distracted. Besides, it's warm in the cinema!
Fantastic night out though. I think everyone enjoyed themselves and want to do it again. Hope we do.
Anyhow, rapper tonight (I suspect we may be practicing stepping in 8's).

No comments:

Post a Comment