Monday 25 January 2010

More Stuff To Do.

Well, Roger is now MOT'd and i am now on bread and water for the forseeable future. Passed on everything except his emissions and his brakes. Unfortunately it seemed the whole brake system had to be replaced (Apparently deep ruts in the brake discs. They were fine last MOT which makes me wonder if the increased grit use this year has had an effect. Ah well, so it goes). Still, at least I know he works. Must get his tax renewed now. Scary thing is, even with all this added cost, he's still been cheaper than any other car I have ever had. (This possibly means that I need to look closely at all my previous cars more than anything else!). No matter, he is set for going down to Hathersage and I am a little excited.

On the subject of Freaks, I made a start on bringing the tatters and the shirt into conjunction this weekend. (Nothing like leaving it to till the last minute). I reckon, if I work at it, I may get it finished before the weekend. Will have to see. Did a lot of fiddle practice this weekend too. Tried a lot of the morris tunes. Am really liking the tune for Twiglet. May even possibly be able to play it at weekend (albeit slowly and badly).

Snark rapper is coming to Edinburgh. Although we can't get a full Mons Meg team together to tour with them, a few of us intend to follow them around and take in the Snark experience. Also, it's rapper, you just have to!

Tried to get hold of the GMC on the phone but nothing doing so have e-mailed them again with a long and detailed explanation of what has happened, what is currently happening and what would like to happen. Will see what this does.

On a positive note, the washing machine behaved itself this weekend, (no doubt because I didn't go anywhere near it while it was on) so I may let it live.

Apparently Sherlock Holmes is still on at the cinema but I managed to go the whole weekend without wandering along which is a good thing but I am not allowed to go again until the tattercoat is finished (Otherwise it will never be finished, ever!)

Never managed to go and geet the fiddle's bridge fixed this weekend (mostly cause I was sat by the phone waiting to see if I could collect Roger) but I am waiting on it's new case arriving. It's original case sadly gave in to time last week and disintergrated on the way back from class, nearly dumping my fiddle on the road! Fortunately, managed to rescue the fiddle in the nick of time so it's still fine (apart from the bridge, obviously). Anyhow, new case is not exactly going to be state of the art (thougt process went, 'Arrgghh! Need something safe to put fiddle in it, what can I afford. Roger's MOT is coming up so probably not a lot. Oh look, cheap fiddle case on Amazon) but it will, apparently have a carry strap which would be nice since it will stop me nearly killing people with it when I have it in my hand.

Ooh, and we're entered in DERT!!!! Huzzah, let the nit-picking begin in earnest!

No comments:

Post a Comment